Subdivision Development Servicing Law
SUBDIVISION, DEVELOPMENT, AND SERVICING LAW
The purpose of the LNIB Subdivision, Development, and Servicing Law is to promote environmentally sustainable, healthy, safe, and well-planned development of LNIB Lands. It will include a defined development authorization process to ensure that any development meets LNIB’s strategic goals and supports our socio-economic objectives.
Development is defined as:
- Subdivision of LNIB Land;
- Construction, alteration, enlargement, addition, demolition, or removal of a building, including signs, swimming pools, and decks;
- Installation of a street, intersection, sewer system, water system, or other infrastructure of any kind;
- Clearing, grading, blasting, excavating, or other alteration of LNIB Land;
- Deposit of removal or more than 10 m3 of soil;
- Removing trees; and
- Any other activities that Council may designate in a regulation.
Anyone seeking a change in the designated zoning of a parcel, or to vary the use within a zone, will also need to apply for a development authorization.